Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ahem. Hello there!

Well hello there!  I feel like I have done this a lot in this space.  Life hasn't been terribly exciting lately and I have neglected this little blog.  I am starting new projects and exploring avenues both figuratively and literally.  What have I been up to while I've been gone?  Well, let me tell you!


 I spruced up part of our bedroom.  It was, and mostly still is, quite barren of art or wall hangings.  I think that is a result of not being sure if we will stay here longer or move again once our lease is up.  So I took the plunge and am decorating as if to stay for a while.  I took my wedding bouquet apart (*gasp*) and arranged the paper blossoms into a little bower.  I finally framed a wedding picture and put our vows up so we can see them often.


I got some new ink!  I am terribly pleased with this piece since it is my first friendship tattoo, but also an extremely geeky tattoo for me.  My dear friend Sonya and I decided to get anchors on our right feet for her graduation.  The anchor is representative of anchoring ourselves to each other, to Seattle, and each unique design echoes our heritage.  Mine is strongly inspired by the British Navy, particularly of the Napoleonic Era.  After the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 commemorative sherry bottles were issued with an anchor stamped on the wax seal.  This anchor is mainly based off of that one, with extra details to make it look more like an engraving.  


My days have been full of this amazing view out my kitchen window.  Sun pours in during the morning and with the warm weather lately the blinds have been down and drawn.  I am so thankful for all of the greenery around this place.  It keeps me stupid happy.  

There was a Wedding!  My Uncle married his sweetheart, Mary and we couldn't be happier for both of them.  I have never seen my Uncle so happy and at peace than he has been with this wonderful woman.  


I have been sewing!  This dress was in the WIP graveyard until I pulled it out, shook it off and tried it on.  Since then it has been in steady sundress rotation in my closet.  Can't beat the strawberry print!


Finally for this post, I have dyed my hair again.  Wasn't expecting such a DARK auburn- such is the mistake of picking up Burgundy Black rather than Dark Mahogany- but I am enjoying it!  I have always wanted to try black hair, and since I think a true black would have washed me out in a sickly way, this is a blackberry/red based black that works well with my skin tone.  

I have other personal sewing projects in the works, as well as a full report of a fun girl's weekend away with my mom on Vashon Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment